Nicholas Cox has lived in Stanstead St. Margarets for thirty years and sits on the Parish Council. His twin daughters have grown up so he lives at home with Alison, his wife of 34 years and their 4-year-old blue roan cocker spaniel, Alfie.
Nick was involved in the Hoddesdon incinerator campaign from its inception. He’s a long-standing member of Greenpeace and a life member of the Environmental Investigation Agency (EIA).
He is a leading authority on sustainable refrigeration and air conditioning and has provided refrigerant environmental impact assessments to blue chip clients, the UK government and EU.
I care passionately about the local area, I’m a regular walker along the Lea Valley towpath and I’m a keen supporter of live music events in Hoddesdon and Broxbourne. I already work with local pressure groups.
My platform will be based on the following aims of the Green Party:
- The climate Emergency – act now!
- Stop Brexit – referendum, revoke, remain, reform!
- Saving our Green Belt, parks and open spaces
- Air Pollution – particularly the A10 corridor
- Social justice – particularly affordable and social housing